The RSM has an extensive digital learning and online e-resources platform. As a member you'll enjoy free access to a wealth of online resources, including 5,000 subscription and open access e-journals, 2,000 e-books and 5 key medical databases, to support your clinical decision-making and research.
- Date and time Thu 9 Mar 2023 from 6:15pm to 7:45pm
- Location Online
- Organised by Critical Care Medicine
As the complexity of illness managed by intensive care teams has increased, so have the challenges in providing the best holistic care to patients with life-threatening disease. This webinar will provide an overview of the principles of palliative care within the ICU and how this may be delivered.
The purpose of this virtual meeting is to provide attendees with an insight into the challenges facing the intensive care team when caring for patients with serious illnesses that cannot be cured, including at the end of life.
Benefits of attending:
- Appreciate the physical and psychosocial consequences of life-threatening illness for patients and their families.
- Facilitate meaningful discussions about goals of care with patients and their families.
- Recognise the value of palliative care assessment in improving quality of care, and the models by which this can be implemented.
- Understand the complexities of determining appropriate treatments and levels of escalation.
View the programme
Registration for this webinar will close 1 hour prior to the start time. You will receive the webinar link 1 hour before the meeting. Late registrations will not be accepted.
Webinar recordings will be available for registered delegates up to 60 days after the live webinar, via Zoom. The link will be sent 24 hours after the webinar takes place.
This webinar will be recorded and stored by the Royal Society of Medicine and may be distributed in future on various internet channels.