- Date and time Wed 14 Nov 2018 from 6:00pm to 12:00am
- Location Royal Society of Medicine
- Organised by Critical Care
Welcome to the first Critical Care event of the 2018/2019 academic year.
We are kicking off with our Trainee series with this meeting that will cover all key aspects of assessment and management of traumatic brain injury, and non-traumatic intracranial neurological emergencies.
- How to assess and manage patients with traumatic brain injury
- Deeper understanding of assessment, diagnosis and management of some common non-traumatic intracranial neurological emergencies including: stroke, sub-arachnoid haemorrhage, status epilepticus and post-anoxic brain damage
- The physiology of intracranial pressure (ICP) monitoring
- Interpret basic ICP waveforms
- The types of ICP monitoring devices