About this event
- Date and time Thu 13 Jul 2023 from 8:45am to 5:15pm
- Location Royal Society of Medicine
- Organised by Clinical Immunology and Allergy
Join this event with a group of multidisciplinary team experts on eosinophilic oesophagitis (EoE) to provide a review of the most up-to-date scientific evidence and best clinical practice for the diagnosis and management of EoE, specifically in children and young adults.
During this event, we will review the current data for prevalence, risk factors and different presentation features of eosinophilic oesophagitis in children and young adults; the diagnostic approach for EoE and the importance of accurate diagnosis; the current treatment options for its management and the importance of a multi-disciplinary approach; the future developments in diagnosis and management recognizing areas of uncertainty and the potential areas for research; and the place and relevance of EoE within the allergic multi-morbidity spectrum in childhood.
By attending this event, participants will learn:
- The incidence and prevalence globally and in the UK, risk factors, and different forms of presentation of EoE in children and young people
- The diagnostic approach to children and young adults with feeding difficulties, dysphagia, and/or suspected EoE disease, including the role of endoscopy and significant endoscopic findings in the diagnosis of EoE
- The current treatment options and algorithm proposed in the new evidence-based guideline for the management of patients with EoE, recognise the importance of a multi-disciplinary approach
- Future developments in the diagnosis and medical therapies for patients with EoE
- The role and association of EoE with other allergic diseases or atopic manifestations through childhood
Follow us on:
Early bird pricing available until 31 May 2023.
|RSM Fellow||RSM Associate||RSM Retired Fellow||RSM Trainee||RSM Student|
Non - Member
|Consultant / GP / SAS Doctors||AHP / Nurse / Midwife||Trainee||Student|
Royal Society of Medicine, 1 Wimpole St, Marylebone, London, W1G 0AE, United Kingdom
Registration for this event will close on 12 July 2023 at 1:00am (BST). Late registrations will not be accepted.
The agenda is subject to change at any time
All views expressed at this event are of the speakers themselves and not of the Royal Society of Medicine, nor the speaker's organisations.
We are only able to share presentations that we have received permission to share. This is at the presenter and the RSM’s discretion.
This event will be recorded and stored by the Royal Society of Medicine and may be distributed in future on various internet channels.