- Date and time Fri 26 Jun 2020 from 8:00am to 5:00pm
- Location Royal Society of Medicine
- Organised by Cardiothoracic
This event will present the evidence behind the management (surgical or otherwise) of patients who have complex heart valve disease.
Although heart valve disease is increasing in prevalence, most of the available postgraduate meetings only deal with single heart valve pathology. Increasingly, many patients who present with this condition are elderly and have multiple complex problems with their heart.
This meeting will help Senior Trainees as well as Junior Consultant cardiac Surgeons, manage patients with difficult to treat single and multiple heart valve diseases.
- The evidence behind decisions to manage functional regurgitation in the mitral or tricuspid positions.
- The role of modern transcatheter technology to manage difficult cases of heart valve failure.
- Confidence building in the management of these patients with complex cardiac needs with confidence.