Temporary Digital Manager Job description
Fixed term vacancy
Salary: About £35/40k depending on experience
35 hours (plus those required to undertake the role) normally Monday to Friday
Based at 1Wimpole St and remote-working
A new short-term vacancy has arisen within the RSM for a Digital Manager based within Communications and reporting to the Interim Director of Communications.
The Digital Manager is responsible for the management and development of the RSM’s digital platforms, which includes the website, social media channels, ad accounts and analytical tools. The objective of the role is to optimise all digital channels to deliver the RSM’s strategic goals across education/learning resources, membership, fundraising, marketing, and communications activities.
The key activities of the role holder will include:
Website development and maintenance
- Management of the RSM’s website to meet organisational objectives, leading on user experience, optimisation, and content.
- Management of web content creation, edits, and revisions. Ensuring all content is free from errors, published and removed on time.
- Identifying and developing new improvements and enhancements to the website, working with web developers and agencies to produce user stories, build, prototype, test and launch new features and products.
- Working with colleagues and subject matter experts to understand website problems, draw out requirements and map customer journeys to identify pain points, opportunities, and risks.
- Working with internal teams and developers to log bugs, ensure fixes and enhancements are tested, and deployed to the website.
- Responding to and troubleshooting all website issues, ensure fixes are tested and deployed to the website.
Content creation and communications
- Commissioning, writing, and editing articles for the RSM’s website and online magazine.
- Working in collaboration with teams to deliver these written communications.
- Building articles and webpages in the website’s content management system (CMS), ensuring all content is published to deadlines.
- Working closely with the Marketing team and other departments to ensure all content is optimised for SEO. Monitoring SEO results and making suggestions to improve visibility in search.
- Working with the Director of Communications and other colleagues, as required, to help evolve new communication strategies.
- Providing strategic advice to support other staff in relation to the web and digital platform; providing on-going best practice training to ensure an optimal experience on all areas of the website.
- Supporting marketing campaigns by ensuring messaging is consistent across digital channels and website pages are created and optimised to maximise conversion.
- Developing and maintaining a consistent editorial style and tone of voice for the website which aligns with the values and objectives of the organisation and the communications principles as agreed by the Director of Communications.
Data analysis, strategy, and planning
- Using analytics and audience insights to evaluate and optimise digital activity, championing a data-informed approach to improve user experience on the RSM’s website, in addition to communications planning and social media outputs.
- Supporting the Director of Communications in developing and implementing communications and digital strategies.
- Analysing and providing regular reports on the results of digital activities and campaigns, with suggestions on continuous digital improvements.
- Providing expert advice to teams on the use of digital tools, user journeys and user experience.
- Providing reports and presentations to Managers and Senior Management Teams.
Social media and PPC
- Managing the RSM’s social media channels, including Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram, including content planning, delivery and execution and community management.
- Increasing social media engagement and improving other metrics, as agreed by the Director of Communications, and working with other colleagues to deliver objectives as required.
- Supporting the Director of Communications with the RSM’s social strategy, to meet the organisation’s objectives.
- Curating content for social channels, from identifying new opportunities to developing and launching campaign ideas.
- Monitoring social performance to understand the effectiveness of the strategy and creatives, making, and implementing recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Providing advice and recommendations to internal and external stakeholders about social media accounts and best practices.
- Overseeing and maintaining the RSM’s Google Grant PPC account, making sure to make effective use of the account to maximise traffic to the website.
- Overseeing the RSM’s Facebook and Twitter Ads accounts and help support marketing campaigns.
- Working with Communications colleagues to ensure an integrated approach to all communications activity, seamlessly incorporating social media.
- Overseeing and managing digital software and analytical tools (e.g. Google Business, Google Marketing Platforms, Analytics, Siteimprove, Hotjar, Sprout Social); includes configuration, user access, managing supplier relationship, and managing updates and enhancements.
- Providing cover and supporting for the Media Manager and other team members, when required.
To be considered for the role you will need to have/demonstrate:
- A communications and/or marketing related degree, with previous experience in a similar role
- Significant experience of managing websites and using content management systems (CMS) and CRM systems
- Knowledge and experience of managing social media platforms (Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube and Facebook)
- Experience producing content for various digital platforms including social media
- Strong analytical skills and experience of using analytical tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Sprout Social) to report on website, social media and digital performance
- Good knowledge of PPC advertising (e.g. Google Adwords, Ads Manager) and SEO, optimising channels to drive traffic to the website
- Experience of writing for web and social media, adapting copy for different digital channels
- Ability to organise and prioritise multiple projects and campaigns and collaborate as a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Project management experience
- Experience in delivering sprints and implementing user testing to inform future digital priorities.
- Demonstrate the following competencies: Strategic Thinking/Visioning, Analytical, Creative/Innovative, Influencing, Flexibility/Adaptability, External Awareness
How to apply