Sponsorship Executive Job description
Salary: Up to £27,000 depending on experience
35 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Based at 1 Wimpole Street
This role, which works closely with our Education Department, is vitally important in supporting the successful implementation of specialty-based meetings plus conferences on the topics of Global Health, innovations and wider public engagement. The RSM works across 50+ medical specialties (known as Sections), each supported by a voluntary Council of leading experts in that field who provide the guidance and planning for meetings. In the last year the RSM organised around 380 meetings for nearly 30,000 people and over £1/2 million sponsorship was brought in to support this educational programme. In addition, the Society has a world-leading library, provides benefits for over 20,000 members and is a leading central London venue.
The Sponsorship Sales Executive is responsible for selling sponsorship and exhibition packages at RSM led conferences and events. We are looking for an enthusiastic, proactive and personable Sponsorship Sales Executive to join the proactive sales team. Reporting into the Corporate Sales Manager, the role is responsible for sourcing, managing and developing good working relationships with new and existing sponsors both within the healthcare and pharmaceutical sector and other related industries.
The post holder will be expected to take a proactive approach in identifying and creating innovative sponsorship solutions, making new business relationships and guaranteeing sponsorship growth by ensuring sales targets are achieved. The Executive will be working within a team looking to expand the Society’s business income through not only sponsorship but also related products and services.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Build a rapport with current/previous clients, growing existing account relationships adding value to the clients.
- Developing creative approaches to the delivery of sponsorship packages.
- To thoroughly prepare for each event, highlighting client goals and objectives, in order to consistently deliver for our sponsors when at the RSM.
- Directly support sponsorship clients at RSM events, ensuring that the logistics are clearly agreed and provide on the day assistance to sponsors.
- Develop exhibitor manuals, floor plans, evaluation forms and lead sponsorship marketing publications.
- Develop and maintain expertise on compliance (ABPI, BIVDA and other relevant regulatory bodies) providing advice within the RSM as necessary
- To review and promote on-line sponsorship opportunities across identified areas on the RSM website and in other delegate communications where relevant.
- To accurately identify and target new potential sponsors for meetings and events, and communicate effective sales proposals, building new sponsorship prospects in the medical/pharma and related markets.
- Create and manage a pipeline of prospects to grow the sponsorship client base and ensure target attainment.
- Assess and monitor specialty Sections with sponsorship opportunities and work closely with Section Councils and meeting organisers to follow up contacts provided through them and develop leads into confirmed sales.
- Responsibility for contributing to and implementing the sponsorship strategy and maximising sponsorship revenue for the Education Department and across the wider RSM where required.
- To attend relevant external events and networking opportunities where appropriate, to support the sales process and lead generation.
Reporting and processing
- Monitor and forecast sponsorship income against the predicted target on a monthly basis.
- Maintain contacts on CRM on a day to day basis, to ensure appropriate management of client information.
- Raising agreements, sponsorship invoices, ensuring correct details, contracts and accompanying paperwork as required, in accordance with RSM standards.
Experience and key competencies
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Proven sales experience (ideally in events sponsorship)
- Ability to plan and organise effectively, ensuring maximum use of time throughout the day
- Clear and confident communicator who demonstrates the ability to make business relationships with senior decision makers
- Enthusiastic, energetic and passionate about personal success
- Evidence of delivering and exceeding sales targets
- Willingness to learn
- Personable individual who works well as part of a team
How to apply
To apply for the above opportunity please forward a CV and covering letter to Samantha McLintock at Samantha.McLintock@rsm.ac.uk by no later than the 24th October 2019. The Society is committed to the safeguarding and fair processing of information received from candidates applying for opportunities within it and fully complies with the spirit and regulations of the GDPR. For a full statement about the type of data that the Society keeps about job applicants and the purposes for which it is kept, please read our fair processing notice for job applicants page.