Room Attendant Job description
Term: 12 months fixed term contract
Salary: up to £21,202.74 depending on experience
Hours: 40 hours per week, including shift work and weekends
Location: Based at 1 Wimpole Street
A vacancy has arisen for a Room Attendant within the Club Operations function of Commercial Services at the RSM. The exclusive members club has 47 in-house bedrooms and is an integral part of the membership benefit. This role would suit someone who is a good team worker and committed to providing the best service.
The room attendant post holder will directly report to the Front Office Manager.
Responsibilities will include:
- Cleaning of all bedrooms to the standard expected by the RSM
- Adhere to the housekeeping standards and procedures at all time
- Assist with administration of clean and dirty linen, guest room sundries, cleaning materials and lost property
- Adherence to health and safety regulations. (COSHH/Manual handling/Fire etc)
- Make sure maintenance jobs are reported as soon as possible
- Dealing with guest complaints, comments and requests
- Dealing with fire and other emergency procedures
- Offer excellent customer service to the guests reflexing the standards of the RSM
- Carry out any cleaning tasks related to Housekeeping assigned by the Duty Manager
The post holder will work closely with all members staying at Domus Medica.
Key internal relationships will be with the Front Office Manager, Duty Managers, Reception Manager and Front of House Team.
Candidates with prior cleaning experience are preferred, but we are willing to train hardworking people who are team players.
To be considered for the opportunity you will need to be able to demonstrate:
- Ability to manage your time efficiently
- Work well unsupervised
- Handle basic maintenance and cleaning
- Good level of fitness as work involves manual handling
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance and interact positively with hotel guests
- Good understanding of English language
The role holder would need to demonstrate competencies such as customer service, external awareness and eye for detail.
How to apply
To apply for the above opportunity please forward a CV and covering letter to Sarah Longman at firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 20 August 2021.
The Society is committed to the safeguarding and fair processing of information received from candidates applying for opportunities within it and fully complies with the spirit and regulations of the GDPR. For a full statement about the type of data that the Society keeps about job applicants and the purposes for which it is kept, please read our fair processing notice for job applicants.
The Royal Society of Medicine is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of ethnicity, religion, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression and any other characteristic protected by law.