Hospitality Assistant Job description
Salary: up to £21,500 depending on experience
40 hours per week, working any 5 out of 7 days, including mornings, evenings and weekends
A new opportunity has arisen for a permanent Hospitality Assistant within the Conference and Events Department at the Royal Society Medicine.
The key purpose of this role is to assist with setting up meeting rooms and conference areas whilst ensuring all working areas are kept clean and tidy and to deliver an exceptional experience to our guests and members.
The role holder’s activities will include:
- Setting up conference rooms in accordance with RSM standards and requirements whilst ensuring that the rooms (including equipment) meet the client’s requirements and are ready for use before their arrival.
- Ensuring that all conference rooms and Events areas are kept clean, tidy, and presentable at all times.
- Ensuring that all equipment is managed through the correct handling, storage, and maintenance procedure.
- Provide general assistance at events e.g., working behind the bar, clearing glasses, serving lunches/dinners
- Support our Audio Department with basic set up of rooms and equipment.
- Support the Restaurant and Housekeeping team when required.
- Covering the cloakroom & staff restaurant when needed.
- Assisting with department stock takes.
- Reporting any damage or safety hazards or complaints to the management team.
- Managing any guest enquiries in a timely and efficient manner.
- Providing a prompt and professional service.
- Promoting exceptional standards of customer service, ensuring that all services operate professionally.
- Assist with relevant tasks to help maintain smooth service during events.
- To attend as required internal and external meetings and training courses.
To be considered for the role you will need to be able to demonstrate the following:
- Conferencing and Events and/or industry experience.
- The ability to work using own initiative as well as part of a team.
- The ability to work flexibly and adapt to a changing environment.
- A professional attitude towards work whilst being polite, friendly, and approachable.
- A customer focused approach and excellent communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills alongside the ability to work under pressure.
- Confidence when dealing with guests and great enthusiasm and drive.
- Be available to work flexibly to suit the business needs, including some mornings, evenings, and weekends.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this position please contact Leonardo Rey at Leonardo.Rey@rsm.ac.uk with a CV attachment no later than 30 September 2021.
The Society is committed to the safeguarding and fair processing of information received from candidates applying for opportunities within it and fully complies with the spirit and regulations of the GDPR. For a full statement about the type of data that the Society keeps about job applicants and the purposes for which it is kept, please read our fair processing notice for job applicants.