Front of House Supervisor Job description
Salary: up to £24,000 depending on experience
40 hours per week, working any 5 out of 7 days, including evenings and weekends
The Royal Society of Medicine (RSM) is a leading provider of high-quality continuing postgraduate education and learning to the medical profession. Its mission is to advance health, through education and innovation. Independent and apolitical, the RSM also aims to actively encourage and support those who are entering medicine and healthcare.
The post-holder will be required to support all hospitality-related activities onsite at our venue in 1 Wimpole Street so as to ensure the smooth running of the Society’s conferencing and events business for both internal and external clients.
- Supervise, assist, and successfully run both large and small onsite events.
- Supervise multiple events/meetings concurrently and manage any last-minute changes.
- Assist the Audio Visual team with basic AV set up.
- Support the Reception team when required.
- Supervise, coach, and train new staff.
- Ensure all the Meeting & Event rooms and equipment are clean, ready, and presentable at all times before client arrival.
- Welcome client when they arrive at the venue and making sure that all the programme details are correct.
- Supervise staff and tasks during daily shifts including running pre-service team briefings.
- Support, manage and develop staff so that they can undertake their roles fully.
- Liaise with chefs to make sure all the food service is according to the event order and specific client requests.
- Liaise with clients to ensure the highest standards of customer service provided for the events business are always maintained and adhered to, including communicating regularly with the organiser or host.
- Lead and supervise the setting up of the tables, trolleys, buffet bars and site stations maintaining a high standard of service within hospitality following the RSM SOP guideline.
- Always adhere to hygiene and health and safety regulations and licensing legislation.
- Supervise alcohol service in line with licence obligations and bringing matters of concern to senior management or maintenance team.
- Help setting up event rooms as well as help serving guests if needed
- Work multi-functionally to action other relevant duties within the hospitality department.
- Assist with stock requisitions and ordering as well as control and issue using the Fourth Hospitality system.
- Day to day stock requisitioning from dry stock and also maintain stock take for the events cellar.
- Report any hazards, complaints, grievances, or damage sustained to either equipment or property to the line manager.
- Deputise for the Conference & Events Operations Manager in their absence and ensure all events are professionally managed for start to completion.
- Optimise sales and contain costs.
- Ensure all the equipment is controlled through correct handling, storage, and maintenance
- Support the reception team with duties such as answering phones and emails, managing post and deliveries.
- 2 years+ experience of working in a Hospitality Industry or equivalent of hospitality degree.
- Previous experience of leading and supervising staff within the events & conferencing industry.
- Excellent command / highly proficient in spoken and written English.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Good administrative skills and proficient knowledge of Office 365.
- Strong organisations skills with a customer-focused and commercial approach.
- Strong team leadership skills - supervising, motivating, and developing staff and teams.
- Excellent communication skills and experience dealing with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work under pressure and multitask.
- Self-driven worker able to work calmly in a fast-paced environment.
- A flexible approach to problem-solving.
- Experience of working in a Hospitality Industry or equivalent of a hospitality degree.
It would also be highly desirable if candidates held the following:
- Food Safety and Hygiene Certificate
- Alcohol Licence Holder
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this position please contact Leonardo Rey at Leonardo.Rey@rsm.ac.uk with a CV attachment no later than 30 September 2021.
The Society is committed to the safeguarding and fair processing of information received from candidates applying for opportunities within it and fully complies with the spirit and regulations of the GDPR. For a full statement about the type of data that the Society keeps about job applicants and the purposes for which it is kept, please read our fair processing notice for job applicants.