Front of House Operations Support Receptionist Job description
Salary: £21,200 depending on experience
Average of 40 hours per week over 7 days, includes early/late shifts and weekends
Based at 1 Wimpole Street
A vacancy has arisen for a Receptionist/ Host within Commercial Services at the RSM. This role is the first point of contact of our exclusive members' club and conference and events venue. The role requires someone who is both a good team worker and is comfortable and confident in lone working, as well as committed to providing high-quality service. The Front of House representative will report to the Reception Manager of the Club Operations Team of the RSM.
As part of this role, the role holder’s activities will include:
- Dealing with all customer enquiries, in person, on the telephone and via e-mail.
- Dealing with members, guests, conference, and meeting delegates enquiries, in a calm and professional manner.
- Administering, responding and processing reservations, cancellations and no-shows, in line with company policy.
- To assist in administrative duties such as meeting room signage, menus, post and packages.
- Performing check-in, check out and reservation duties including the billing process accurately and efficiently and following up with No Shows within the time frame.
- Providing a visible point of contact for all persons entering either of the Society’s premises.
- To be conversant in room names and locations to direct Event Delegates to the meeting spaces.
- To assist the Operations Team in set ups and hosting, any catering necessary and fulfilling all reasonable requests from guests to ensure their comfort, satisfaction and safety.
- Checking Membership identity documentation as and when required.
- Operating the telephone switchboards including the transferring of calls and taking messages for all departments.
The post holder will work closely with all members and teams at the RSM, making sure all relevant information is communicated to the various departments.
Key internal relationships will be with the Reception Manager, Operations Team, Duty Managers, Housekeeping and Food and Beverage Team, cleaning and facilities teams.
To be considered for the role you will need to be able to demonstrate the following:
- Proven current experience in hospitality / hotel industry in a reception, conference venue or similar role.
- The ability to communicate and interact with people at all levels, both written and verbal.
- Previous / Current operation on Hospitality PMS systems.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office programs.
- Experience of cash handling and security.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- A pleasant disposition and a conscientious attitude to work
- Customer service skills and a professional and helpful approach to answering queries.
- The ability to work under your own initiative as well as a key team player.
- The ability to work to a flexible pattern and adapt to a changing environment across the week.
Whilst not essential, it would be desirable if the candidate has or is able to demonstrate the following:
- Certification or higher in Hospitality / Tourism studies
- Health and Safety certification
- First Aid and/or fire marshal certification
- Previous experience of the Rezylnx PMS and RDZ event management software
- Previous experience of the Dynamics 365 System
The role holder would need to demonstrate competencies such as: customer service, external awareness, eye for detail and ability to work well alone.
How to apply
To apply for the above opportunity please forward a CV and covering letter to Sarah Longman at firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 12 noon, Friday 24 September 2021.
The Society is committed to the safeguarding and fair processing of information received from candidates applying for opportunities within it and fully complies with the spirit and regulations of the GDPR. For a full statement about the type of data that the Society keeps about job applicants and the purposes for which it is kept, please reading our fair processing for job applicants notice.
The Royal Society of Medicine is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of ethnicity, religion, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression and any other characteristic protected by law