Front of House and Operations Support Receptionist
Salary up to £24,856,000 depending on experience
Average of 40 hours per week over 7 days, includes early/late shifts and weekends.
Based at 1 Wimpole Street
A vacancy has arisen for a Receptionist within the Club Operations function of Commercial Services at the RSM. The Receptionist is the first point of contact of our exclusive members club and venue ad the role would suit someone who is both a good team worker and is comfortable in lone working and committed to providing high quality service. The Front of House representative will report to the Reception Manager of the Club Operations Team of the RSM.
As part of this role, the role holder’s activities will include:
- Dealing with all customer enquiries, in person, on the telephone and via e-mail.
- Administering, responding and processing all reservations, cancellations and no-shows, in line with company policy.
- Performing check in, check out and reservation duties including the billing process accurately and efficiently and following up with No Shows within the time frame.
- Providing a visible point of contact for all persons entering the Society’s premises.
- To Direct Event Delegates to the meeting spaces
- To assist the Operations Team in set ups, directions and hosting
- Assist in any catering necessary and fulfilling all reasonable requests from guests to ensure their comfort, satisfaction and safety.
- Checking Membership identity documentation as and when required.
- Operating the telephone switchboards including the transferring of calls and taking messages for all departments.
- Assisting in general administrative duties.
The post holder will work closely with all members and team at the RSM, making sure all relevant information is communicated to the various departments.
Key internal relationships will be with the Reception Manager, Operations Team, Duty Managers, Housekeeping and Food and Beverage Team.
To be considered for the role you will need to be able to demonstrate the following:
- Proven current experience in hospitality / hotel industry in a reception or similar role.
- The ability to communicate and interact with people at all levels, both written and verbal
- Previous / Current operation on Hospitality PMS systems.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office programs.
- Experience of cash handling and security.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- A pleasant disposition and a conscientious attitude to work
- Customer service skills and a professional and helpful approach to answering queries.
- The ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
- The ability to work flexibly and adapt to a changing environment.
Whilst not essential, it would be desirable if the candidate has or is able to demonstrate the following:
- Certification or higher in Hospitality / Tourism studies
- Health and Safety certification
- First Aid and/or fire marshal certification
- Previous experience of the Rezylnx PMS
- Previous experience of the Dynamics 365 System
The role holder would need to demonstrate competencies such as: customer service, external awareness, eye for detail and ability to work well alone.
Closing date for applications: 5pm, 8 June 2023
To apply please send your CV and covering letter quoting reference RSM012 to email@example.com
The RSM is committed to equal opportunities for all our applicants and we will not discriminate in regard to protected characteristics including age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race (which includes colour, nationality and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We will not discriminate because of any other irrelevant factor and will build a culture that values meritocracy, openness, fairness and transparency.
The RSM is also committed to the safeguarding and fair processing of information received from candidates applying for positions and fully complies with the spirit and regulations of the GDPR. For a full statement about the type of data that the RSM keeps about job applicants and the purposes for which it is kept, please read our fair processing notice for job applicants for more information.