Event and Project Executive Job description
Salary up to £27,191 depending on experience
35 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Based at 1 Wimpole Street
Overall Job Purpose
Joining the Royal Society of Medicine’s new Learning Division, the Event and Project Executive will support the scoping, planning and delivery of a programme of non-speciality events. Reporting to the Event and Project Manager, they will work with colleagues across the RSM’s Learning and Support Services teams, supporting the project management and programme lifecycle of high profile events, training and learning opportunities. Their delivery will support the RSM Education Strategy which aims to modernise the content, delivery and scope of the RSM’s learning programme. Read the Education Strategy.
The Event and Project Executive will support the project management and operational delivery of a programme of events and training from conception, through delivery, to evaluation and feedback. The slate of these events and educational projects is rapidly evolving, alongside the core medical speciality-based events (350+) that the RSM delivers every year. They will work with the many medical experts within the RSM’s reach to create educational content that delivers measurable benefits for the RSM’s audience.
Key aspects of the role are: supporting the delivery of a programme of work (end-to-end), responsible for designated operational aspects of the programme, and providing coordination and project management support for all projects being delivered by the Content team.
This role would suit an event professional with experience of successfully supporting the delivery of multiple events for an education or professional audience. They should also be able to demonstrate the ability to coordinate a programme of work and effective project management skills.
Key Result Areas
- Supports the Event and Project Manager in the creation of project management plans, schedules and strategy
- Maintains, monitors and reports on project plans, project schedules, budgets and resource allocation for the Content team
- Organises, attends and creates action plans from stakeholder meetings
- Ensures projects adhere to frameworks and all project documentation, contracts and permissions are maintained appropriately for each project
- Supports and reports on the quality assurance of each project.
- Close liaison with external organisers and SMEs on the development and delivery of events and education/training programmes
- Works with the Content Manager on development of a strong programme of content and speakers/contributors for events and education projects
- Manages creation of each event or new project on internal systems, CRM and the website; coordinates changes to this content on systems, through planning stages, for the team
- Manages creation of a financial plan for each event or new project, working with a manager
- Works with Marketing colleagues to develop a marketing plan for each event or project
- Ensures the Service Level Agreement is adhered to throughout event planning
- Provides regular financial reports throughout event planning stages.
Event and Project Delivery
- Manage designated operational aspects of events and special projects, collaborating with other RSM departments such as catering, audio visual and internal operations team
- Work collaboratively with the specialty events team, learning from and sharing best practice across the teams
- Where applicable for out of house events, coordinate venue selection, contract negotiation and manage operations with external venue
- Manage projects to deliver financial targets and other measures of success, evaluate outcomes and lessons learnt
- Liaises with Marketing colleagues on the delivery of the marketing and comms plan for each event or project
- Ensure financial reporting is accurate, timely and clearly communicated to management
- Effective liaison with speakers and contributors: manages invitations and specifies role, organises travel and accommodation where required
- Work with Customer Service team to ensure organisation of all event collateral and admin for event
- Attend the event, providing a strong presence on the day ensuring speakers, sponsors and all event stakeholders are fully supported.
Qualification, Knowledge and skills
- Degree level qualification or equivalent experience
- Experience of coordinating and running a programme of events/educational projects (ideally in a medical or educational context)
- Track record of complex, multi-stakeholder project support and coordination
- Experience of supporting the evaluation, improvement and lifecycle management of a programme of projects
- Experience of drafting budgets, controlling costs and financial reporting to management
- Experience of working with stakeholders, including senior level and resolving issues
- Proven experience of recommending and implementing improvements to services
- Experience of using organisational websites, databases and CRMs
- Strong interpersonal skills: must be able to confidently approach and engage with internal and external stakeholders
- Project Management qualification highly desirable
To apply for the above opportunity please forward a CV and covering letter to Rebecca Casey at email@example.com by no later than the 20th March 2019.
The Society is committed to the safeguarding and fair processing of information received from candidates applying for opportunities within it and fully complies with the spirit and regulations of the GDPR. For a full statement about the type of data that the Society keeps about job applicants and the purposes for which it is kept, please visit our website by clicking here.