Designer (FTC 12 months) Job description
Salary: up to £25,000 depending on experience
35 hours per week, Monday to Friday
The Royal Society of Medicine (RSM) is a leading provider of high-quality continuing postgraduate education and learning to the medical profession. Its mission is to advance health, through education and innovation. Independent and apolitical, the RSM also aims to actively encourage and support those who are entering medicine and healthcare.
This role is a fixed term contract, 35 hours per week for a period of up to 12 months. The key purpose of this role is to profile the RSM and its activities, through the creation of designed material. Working alongside the Senior Designer, the post-holder maintains and enhances the RSM’s brand through implementation of guidelines, management of the image library, and provision of design advice.
- Design from initial brief through to production of all RSM printed marketing material for retention and acquisition of members
- Assist in the production of RSM’s Annual Report, and other key communications documents (strategies, philanthropic proposals, etc)
- Create and update HTML/CSS responsive email templates for use by colleagues in the Marketing department including e-newsletters, event emails and member communications. Working with the team to continually optimise designs and improve email performance
- Create pre-event marketing and on the day material for all the RSM’s online webinars and in-person events: flyers, posters, email banners, holding slides, zoom slides and animated introductions
- Assist the production of static and animated content for digital campaigns on social media and the website, working with the in-house AV and digital teams to create the appropriate assets
- Assist the Senior Designer in maintaining and developing the RSM’s brand guidelines
- Provide advice and guidance to all departments across organisation, to ensure all print and digital communications adhere to brand guidelines and maintain brand consistency
- Work with other departments to select, retouch and resize images for use on the website and uploading to CMS (Umbraco)
- Responsible for purchasing stock imagery
- Responsible for maintaining the RSM’s image library for use on the website via CMS (Umbraco), and via Click Dimensions for HTML email, as well as archive on Sharepoint
- Carry out in-house photography (as required) for: events, portraits, and general building imagery
- Minimum of one year design experience in either in-house or agency roles
- BA Graphic Design or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of the Adobe Creative Cloud suite, particularly InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver and Photoshop
- Experience in creating HTML/CSS newsletters using Adobe Dreamweaver
- Knowledge of setting documents for print (for brochures, magazine, posters and flyers)
- Ability to identify and interpret design needs from a range of departments, meeting brief requirements
- Experienced with a digital SLR camera for events and portrait photography
- A willingness to develop skills into new areas of design
How to apply
To apply, email James Nicholls at James.Nicholls@rsm.ac.uk with a CV attachment no later than the 3 October 2021.
The Society is committed to the safeguarding and fair processing of information received from candidates applying for opportunities within it and fully complies with the spirit and regulations of the GDPR. For a full statement about the type of data that the Society keeps about job applicants and the purposes for which it is kept, please visit our website by reading our fair processing notice for job applicants.