Salary: up to £31,500 per annum 40 hours per week, with some early starts, evening work and weekends
The Royal Society of Medicine is a medical organisation whose primary role is the continuous professional development of Doctors and Healthcare professionals both in the UK and internationally. The purpose of the role of AV Technician is to successfully deliver/produce events, virtual and in person, from a technical audio-visual aspect.The AV Technician will also be providing a first-line and highly skilled AV and IT services and support, including on-the-spot diagnosis and rectification of problems as and when they occur for presenters at conferences and meetings whether virtual or face to face. Working closely in association with the Education or Events team, the role will technically (AV) produce seamless events/meeting and look after the record management of the AV equipment assets and contents on digital platforms.
You will have all round live event skills such as sound, video, lighting and have in depth experience with live streaming. Being a good communicator is also key as you will often have to talk with clients either through written or verbal communication.
- The Technical Production of an event/meeting, face-to-face events within the RSM by operating the in-built AV equipment (video, sound, light, graphics, stage)
• Virtual meetings, which can include: Pushing VTs, Advancing Slides, Managing engagement tools such as Q&A/Polling/Whiteboards
• Reporting to HOD Audio Visual of encountered issues/technical fails, and setbacks/discussions with clients/internal stakeholders
• Support the team with production-based work, set-ups, tests and rehearsals according to schedule and show flows
• Conduct tech-checks and dry runs with speakers/organisers, handle on-the-fly video edits for a seamless playback, minor ppt editing of slides, etc..
• Managing the platform engagement tools, downloading reports and sending them to colleagues/clients
• Preparing relevant platforms for a seamless virtual production (incl. uploading of content), checking all streams and interactive features are functioning accordingly, post event reporting (data) and recording edits for an on-demand access on YouTube/Vimeo
• Adhering to the cleanliness, presentation SOP of all AV rooms, stores and equipment
• Looking after the asset/equipment according to the SOP, reporting any faults/thefts, ordering consumables, preparing the AV gear for next event/meeting where possible
• Updating and maintaining records and technical databases (SharePoint)
• Keeping the AV SharePoint documentation up to date on equipment/solutions, ensuring the operational information is still relevant and delete files when needed, keeping record of new information/content and activities within the AV department
• Ensure health and safety measurements are met during setups and working in the environment
• Point of contact for external contractors and production companies, ensuring the relevant H&S of the RSM are met at all times. Acting as the H&S marshal during large events
• Liaising with clients/stakeholders both internal and external- Providing advice and guidance for their audio-visual and technical requirements for future meetings by video call phone, in person and/or via email
To be considered for the role you will need to be able to demonstrate the following experience:
In depth all-round experience with corporate live events in domains such as sound, video, lighting, broadcasting and have in-depth experience of technically producing live streams and Webinars on solution such as Zoom/Teams and OBS/vMix.
The AVT does have a proven affinity for the AV industry and the eye for detail. Being a good communicator both written and oral and always act in a professional manner.
Must have operating knowledge of:
- Video-mixer operating skills with technology such as Ascender, OBS and/or vMix
- Various data projectors resolutions and other video display or capture systems
- Digital audio mixers, DSPs and amplification systems
- Video conferencing technology (hard and soft codecs)
- Audio and Video recording technology
- AMX control systems
- Live streaming/simulcasting to various platforms YouTube, Vimeo etc
- Good understanding of ARS solutions e.g. Sli.do
- Basic experience with video editing software and video file management
Knowledge and practical experience with:
- Various VC and Streaming platforms
- Video shooting and editing processes/software (Adobe/DaVinci)
- Be IT literate with VoIP, NDI, Dante, DMX, webRTC etc.
Closing date for applications: 5pm, 6 May 2023
To apply please send your CV and covering letter quoting reference RSM011 to email@example.com
The RSM is committed to equal opportunities for all our applicants and we will not discriminate in regard to protected characteristics including age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race (which includes colour, nationality and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We will not discriminate because of any other irrelevant factor and will build a culture that values meritocracy, openness, fairness and transparency.
The RSM is also committed to the safeguarding and fair processing of information received from candidates applying for positions and fully complies with the spirit and regulations of the GDPR. For a full statement about the type of data that the RSM keeps about job applicants and the purposes for which it is kept, please read our fair processing notice for job applicants for more information.