The Vascular, Lipid and Metabolic Medicine Section deals with diseases of arteries, veins, lymphatic and micro-circulation, focusing on prevention, diagnosis, therapy and rehabilitation. The Section aims to improve the care of patients with vascular disorders and promoting research and education in the field.
This 9-part webinar series has the primary outcome of improving vascular surgery education within the undergraduate medical curriculum. The topics addressed in the series directly correlate with the GMC outcomes for graduates.
Book the first 5 episodes of this 9-part series and get the remaining 4 episodes for free. To receive this offer please send your proof of purchase (of the 5 episodes) to our Customer service team at firstname.lastname@example.org. This offer is only available until Monday 12 of April and can be used by all delegates.
This series will run from April 2021 until January 2022 and will be broadcast monthly on a Monday from 6:00pm.
All webinars in this series are available on-demand to registered delegates for up to 1 year after the live broadcast date.
The objectives of this series include:
- The student should be able to recognise these diseases in their practice and formulate a plan of management. They should be able to judge if a referral to specialist attention is necessary and is able to reassure the patient.
- Students will learn about the current prevalence of vascular diseases, the risk factors, and their manipulation and improving the outcome of treatment.
- Students will be able to recognise the tale-tell signs of vascular diseases and will be able to perform a bedside test using hand-held Doppler.
- Students will learn about the indication for various surgical intervention, reducing the risks associated with vascular diseases and rehabilitation of these patients with amputation and stroke.
- First prize: £150 plus a year’s free RSM membership
- Second prize: £100
Sunday 19 July 2020
Tuesday 15 to Wednesday 16 September 2020
Abstracts of clinical cases pertaining to vascular medicine, vascular and endovascular surgery of no more than 250 words. Only one paper per person can be submitted.
*Shortlisted candidates will be invited to give an oral presentation at the Harvey symposium on Tuesday 15 to Wednesday 16 September 2020.
For professionals with a medical, dental or veterinary qualification recognised by GMC, GDC or RCVS.
For professionals working in the healthcare sector or with an interest in healthcare issues and do not qualify for a Fellow membership.
For students studying medicine, dentistry or an undergraduate qualification in a healthcare-related subject, in the UK or overseas.