- Date and time Sat 9 Mar 2019 from 9:00am to 4:45pm
- Location University of East Anglia
- Organised by Schools Programme
This meeting will offer guidance from experts on why to choose a career in medicine right through to the realities of medical life and specialist selection. The programme aims to give students practical advice on the application process, including guidance on the different aptitude tests. As well as tips for your personal statement, how to get the right work experience and advice on the interview process.
The event is aimed at year 11/12 students, but younger students are also encouraged to attend if schools believe they would benefit from hearing more information on choosing a career in medicine.
This event offer's school students guidance from experts on the application process for applying to study medicine, giving an insight into life in the medical field.
What are the objectives of the event?
- Gain tips on how to choose the right medical school
- Improve your confidence with interview training
- Tips on how to get the right work experience
- Gain an insight into life as a medical student and specialty selection
When you register you are able to select an option of your preferred workshops, we will do our best to allocate you to your preferred choice, but this is not guaranteed. The workshops are as follows:
- Medical student Q&A
- Anatomy and physiology
- Suturing class
- Personal Statement workshop