- Date and time Thu 5 Dec 2019 from 10:00am to 4:30pm
- Location Royal Society of Medicine
- Organised by Retired Fellows Society
Join the Retired Fellows Society as we cover diverse subjects of clinical interest with a particular focus on recent advances in pathogenesis, investigation, and treatment.
The objective is for participants to gain an insight into:
- Acute inflammation in relation to cardiac disease
- The potential complications of GORD (gastro-oesophageal reflux disease) and the success of surgical operations in preventing them
- New management techniques in controlling the scourge of sepsis
- Diagnosis and treatment of common causes of deafness and tinnitus
- The causes, medical treatment and potential role of the neurosurgeon in the management of patients with epilepsy
The final session will concentrate on safety in medicine including the role of the GMC in dealing with the complex issues of unexpected medical death.