- Date and time Tue 24 Mar 2020 from 8:00am to 5:30pm
- Location Royal Society of Medicine
- Organised by Plastic Surgery
International orthoplastic surgeons with experience in reconstructive and orthopaedic surgery will present and discuss recent advances in orthoplastic surgery.
Current best practice BOAST guidelines, surgical management of trauma wounds, reconstructive techniques and future concepts in orthoplastics will be covered.
This meeting will highlight the burden and difficulty of managing trauma cases and how organised collaboration between orthopaedic and plastic surgery specialities improves and redefines the treatment of major trauma injury for the benefit of the patient. The continued evolution of microvascular technique and the creation and evolution of vascularized composite transplantation allowing specific approaches to complex trauma cases will be discussed.
The meeting will conclude with an expert panel debate.
- Recent advances in orthoplastic surgery
- Awareness, insight and understanding of the multidisciplinary surgical needs and skills
- Knowledge update and review of current best practice BOAST guidelines, surgical management of trauma wounds, reconstructive techniques and future concepts in orthoplastics
|RSM Fellow||RSM Associate||RSM Retired Fellow||RSM Trainee||RSM Student|
Non - Member
|Consultant / GP||AHP / Nurse / Midwife||Non Healthcare Professional||Trainee||Student|