This interactive, educational event aims to give you confidence in managing children and young people suffering from mental health difficulties. The day will focus on the most common presentations and their management in both emergency departments and acute general paediatric departments.
By attending, you will:
- Be able to recognise and assess the presence of mental health difficulties in young people
- Learn about the theoretical frameworks used in mental health assessment
- Know the first steps in managing mental health difficulties in children and young people, including anxiety, depression, eating disorders, self-harm, psychosis, and medically unexplained symptoms
- Learn how to administrate rapid tranquillisation safely
- Understand how to distinguish between physical and phycological causes in young people presenting with acute psychosis
- Understand the national impact of mental health in young people, and recognise the relevant societal influences
Can't attend in person? This event is also available for on-demand viewing by clicking here.
Follow us on: