- Date and time Thu 9 Jan 2020 from 8:30am to 8:30pm
- Location Royal Society of Medicine
- Organised by Paediatrics and Child Health
The aim of this meeting is to understand the underlying biological concepts, types of childhood cancer and to recognise early signs that require investigation for malignancy.
- How to assess, investigate and treat patients presenting with malignancies
- Treatment modalities available for patients with malignancies
- The functioning of shared care facilities, and other support services available to children with cancer and their families.
- The concept of bone marrow transplant as a treatment modality for childhood malignancies
- Understand and appreciate the impact of childhood malignancies on the family unit
- Value the need for good symptom control and the referral process for palliative care
- To gain advice and information on working/training in paediatric oncology
*Please ensure you book online before the event date - limited places available to register on the day and lunch will not be provided*
LME evening 9th Jan 2020 - A New Year's Resolution to Keep - Quality Improvement Made Easy!
London School of Paediatrics regional training.
The evidence is out that QI is definitely in as the new, progressive and effective approach to improving how we run our health services and provide care for our patients.
Alongside the fully-funded London School of Paediatrics QI Change Champions programme available to all trainees, Dr Jane Runnacles & Dr Emma Parish will be on hand at our next LME seminar to show you how to make your next great improvement idea a reality.
Join our London School of Paediatrics QI leads to learn the basics of QI methodology in a comprehensive and accessible way, with teaching, discussion and group activities, to build your confidence in seeing where change can be made on your wards, and taking action to make a difference.
About the speakers
Jane is a consultant paediatrician at St George’s hospital, with an interest in patient safety and quality improvement. She is co-lead for QI Central at the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health, and a Training Programme Director (TPD) for curriculum delivery at the London School of Paediatrics. Emma is a consultant paediatrician at the Evelina Children’s hospital with an interest in adolescent health, education and quality improvement. She has presented on quality improvement nationally and internationally, collaborated on QI work with NICE and mentors extensively on trainee QI projects.
ALL level trainees and non trainee doctors welcome : £15 per person
Networking reception with drinks and nibbles from 6pm, session from 6:30-8:30pm
Bookings also available on the day, please sign up and pay at the registration desk.
View the programme
Dr Yen Chang, Consultant in Clinical Oncology, University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Reverend Dorothy Moore Brooks, Senior Chaplain, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children NHS Foundation Trust
Dr Jack Bartram, Consultant Haematologist, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children NHS Foundation Trust