Future Orthopaedic Surgeons Conference (FOSC) is an international Trauma and Orthopaedic surgery conference aimed at junior doctors and medical students. Now in its eleventh year at the Royal Society of Medicine, FOSC continues to bring the latest updates on orthopaedic training and selection and cutting edge practical workshops.
FOSC provides a unique platform for core trainees, foundation doctors and medical students to showcase their research in orthopaedics whilst providing the latest updates in orthopaedic training and selection. FOSC provides an opportunity for delegates to develop their CV with opportunities to win national prizes and speak to leaders in the field. During the conference, delegates who attend in person will have the chance to participate in practical workshops where they can hone their skills in plating, external fixation, and dynamic hip screw fixation on sawbones.
This session is split into two parts: the morning session of lectures and the afternoon workshops. Workshops have limited places (60 total) and there is an additional cost on top of the morning meeting to attend these. All delegates who wish to attend the afternoon workshops must also attend the morning lectures.
We hope you will join us in person for this event but if you are unable you can sign up for the live stream version here. However, the morning session ONLY is available for live stream.
In this meeting you will:
- Prepare yourself for speciality training and a lifelong career in Orthopaedics
- Discover more about each of the Orthopaedic subspecialties
- Gain practical experience in a range of Orthopaedic techniques
- Present your research at an international conference in Orthopaedics
- Improve your CV for Foundation and Core Training applications
Interested in applying for the Orthopaedics Section FOSC (Future Orthopaedic Surgeons Conference) prize for research?
- £100 cash prize for 1st place and a 1-year subscription to the RSM
- £50 for the Runner up and a 1-year subscription to the RSM, which will be awarded at the FOSC 2022
- Submission deadline: Friday 28 January 2022
- Apply now by clicking here
Join in the conversation online by using #RSMLive #RSMOrtho
Follow us on Twitter: @RoySocMed @RSMOrtho