- Date and time Sat 20 Apr 2024 from 9:00am to 5:00pm
- Location Royal Society of Medicine
- Organised by Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Join us for a valuable day filled with learning at our successful and long-running UMAX conference - an insightful day of lectures, practical hands-on workshops and real world career development seminars. Attendees will hear from leading OMFS Consultants and other subject matter experts leaving the event with a deeper understanding of the speciality.
The conference will showcase Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery as a speciality and as a postgraduate career choice. The day brings together aspiring surgeons, trainees and senior consultants for hands-on workshops, interactive lectures, career planning seminars and networking.
You are welcome to join us for a delicious, 2-course hot lunch. This lunch is available to all attendees and includes a vegetarian option in addition to networking opportunities.
Benefits of attending:
- Understand the training pathways in OMFS and how to successfully navigate them
- Appreciate the broad scope of the speciality and how it integrates with other medical, dental, and surgical specialties
- Find out how to describe the presentation and initial management of some common OMFS conditions
- Develop basic surgical skills with small group, consultant-led, training
The morning will consist of interactive lectures focusing on key areas such as craniofacial traumatology, head and neck reconstructive surgery, and cleft lip and palate. The afternoon will provide a series of workshops covering topics such as suturing and the principles of fixation and plating. The UMAX poster competition prizes will also be presented and awarded during the conference.
Follow us on:
|RSM Trainee||RSM Student|
Non - Member