This training day is aimed at Specialty Registrars (SpRs) in Public Health from across the country, offering a unique opportunity for trainees to learn from other regions and network.
- Date and time Wed 6 Feb 2019 from 9:00am to 5:00pm
- Location Royal Society of Medicine
- Organised by Gastroenterology and Hepatology
Hear internationally acknowledged leaders address best practice and controversies and challenges in the management of benign and malignant disease of the pancreas.
This area of medicine often presents the most complex and challenging cases that any medical professional can be confronted with, gastroenterologist, general surgeon, clinical oncologist, medical oncologist or HPB surgeon, specialist nurse practitioners and consultant nurses.
This symposium will provide a comprehensive update and forum for clinicians from a variety of specialties including gastroenterology, general surgery and oncology, to meet and discuss the major controversies in pancreatic disease.
- Comparing novel advances in early diagnosis of pancreatic cancer
- Understand the challenges and limitations in surgery for pancreatic cancer
- Review existing best practice and innovative approaches to treating pancreatic cancer and improving survival
- Be aware of current understanding in systemic IgG4 disease
- How to apply imaging modalities in the diagnosis and management of cystic masses of the pancreas
- Understand the use of endotherapy for diseases of the pancreas
- Be aware of the emerging understanding of the interrelationship between the microbiome and diseases of the pancreas
View the programme
Examine health research in conflict and other complex environments and discuss the state of the field and challenges for the future.
Delegates will get the chance to explore glomerular diseases with an autoimmune aetiology. Everything from therapeutic mechanisms, clinical trials to management strategies will be discussed along experts – plus updates in new therapies.
This meeting will help you understand how to approach your patients about healthy eating, weight management and physical activity in a productive manner.