As an RSM Member, not only can you enjoy our club facilities, you also have access to a network of 50+ reciprocal clubs around the world. Located in five different continents, why not take advantage of these clubs on your next holiday or business trip?
- Date and time Tue 29 Nov 2022 from 9:00am to 5:00pm
- Location Royal Society of Medicine
- Organised by Food and Health
This event will explore a huge commercial market in food supplements and so-called "functional" foods or "superfoods", which are widely advertised and used by patients and the general public. Different regulations and authorities cover sales, evaluation, oversight, and permitted composition as these aspects have evolved since Brexit. There may be legitimate needs and uses for these; however, there are possible marketing concerns and risks.
The event aims to clarify these issues, giving attendees a better understanding and overview of the topic. A unique aspect is that it will sequentially address these products, from how they get on the market (evaluation and approval) and potential claims to the evidence and guidance on their use, benefits and risks.
Join this event to hear authoritative speakers with relevant experience from academic research, public health, clinical care and industry.
Participants will be able to:
- Understand the general regulatory environment for foods and ingredients, including assessment and approval of safety and claims
- Authoritatively communicate on food supplements, "functional" and "super" foods to patients, colleagues and the wider public
- Be aware of current guidance and potential roles of food supplements in public health and clinical practice, including possible risks and benefits in their use
Follow us on:
|RSM Fellow||RSM Associate||RSM Retired Fellow||RSM Trainee||RSM Student|
Non - Member
|Consultant / GP / SAS Doctors||AHP / Nurse / Midwife||Trainee||Student|
View the programme
Registration for this event will close at 1:00am on Monday 28 November 2022. Late registrations will not be accepted.
- The agenda is subject to change at any time
- If the event is recorded, we are only able to share presentations that we have received permission to share. There is no guarantee that all sessions will be available after the event, this is at the presenter’s and RSM discretion.
- All views expressed at this event are of the speakers themselves and not of the Royal Society of Medicine, nor the speaker's organisations.
- This event will be recorded and stored by the Royal Society of Medicine and may be distributed in future on various internet channels.