Why not stay in the comfort of our hotel, Domus Medica, book dinner in the restaurant, or even hire one of our private dining rooms to socialise with your peers?
- Date and time Tue 11 Jun 2024 from 8:45am to 5:00pm
- Location Royal Society of Medicine
- Organised by Endocrinology and Diabetes
Join us for this valuable face to face conference, in association with The Association of British Clinical Diabetologists (ABCD) as we focus on the management of diabetes in an inpatient setting. Hear from our expert speakers who will provide in-depth insight and inform participants about the latest developments in how to introduce the latest innovations to help improve glycaemic control, prevent diabetes emergencies and how to measure the effectiveness of the care you deliver.
By attending the conference, you will:
- Learn how to provide an accredited service for inpatient diabetes.
- Apply the latest guidelines changes in the management of DKA/HHS and how to use diabetes technology effectively.
- Manage challenges faced by people with diabetes on the wards- enteral feeding, steroids, peripartum and perioperative periods.
Call for abstracts - Inpatient Diabetes Conference 2024
Participants will have the opportunity to submit an abstract for the conference. For further information, please see below.
We are interested in submissions in the following categories (250 words):
1. Interventions that did not work in inpatient diabetes.
2. Sustainable ideas and interventions in inpatient diabetes.
3. Case studies to inform the delivery of the afternoon workshops (enteral feeding, steroids, technology in inpatient care, diabetes in the peripartum stage).
If you are an SFE and/or ABCD member, please use the discount code provided to your organisation. If you are a pharmacist, a nurse or a midwife please register with the AHP rate if you are a non-member and the Associate rate if you are an RSM member.
|RSM Retired Fellow
Non - Member
|Consultant / GP / SAS Doctors
|AHP / Nurse / Midwife
View the programme
Workshop 1: Enternal feeding
Lead: Ms Andrea Lake, Diabetes Specialist Nurse and Lead Diabetes Research Nurse, Cambridge University Hospitals and Mr Mark Green, Diabetes Specialist Dietitian, Southampton General Hospital
Workshop 2: Steroids
Lead: Professor Ketan Dhatariya and Dr Vaishali Limbachia, Foundation Doctor, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital
Workshop 3: Implementation of technology in inpatient diabetes
Lead: Dr Parizad Avari, Consultant Diabetologist, Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust and Dr Charlotte Boughton, Clinical Lecturer in Diabetes and Endocrinology, University of Cambridge
Workshop 4: Diabetes in the peri-partum stage
Dr Kate Hunt, Consultant Diabetologist, King's College Hospital
Registration for this event will close at 1:00am on Monday 10 June 2024. Late registrations will not be accepted.
The agenda is subject to change at any time
If the event is recorded, we are only able to share presentations that we have received permission to share. There is no guarantee that all sessions will be available after the event, this is at the presenter’s and RSM’s discretion.
All views expressed at this event are of the speakers themselves and not of the Royal Society of Medicine, nor the speaker's organisations.
This event will be recorded and stored by the Royal Society of Medicine and may be distributed in future on various internet channels.