The RSM has an extensive digital learning and online e-resources platform. As a member you'll enjoy free access to a wealth of online resources, including 5,000 subscription and open access e-journals, 2,000 e-books and 5 key medical databases, to support your clinical decision-making and research.
- Date and time Fri 11 Mar 2022 from 8:00am to 5:00pm
- Location Wythenshawe Hospital
- Organised by Coloproctology
We would like to welcome you to the RSM Northern Teaching Day. This is a national meeting held in conjunction with the North West Deanery and the ACPGBI. The meeting is free to attend. Please click here to book your place.
There will be compelling lectures from clinicians who are leaders in their fields. This event will cover important aspects of the specialty training curriculum, updates in colorectal practice and include an RSM Research Prize session.
The research session is open to trainees and members of the extended surgical team (SCPs/PAs/ACPs). A £250 Travelling Fellowship will be awarded to the best abstract.
During this session, participants will be able to:
- Update their understanding of the energy devices and staplers used in general surgery
- Gain insight into collaborative research networks and how collaboration drives quality improvement in laparotomies
- Explore how technology can enhance surgical training
- Define best practices in the management of enterocutaneous fistulae and abdominal wall hernia
- Define best practices in the management of abdominal trauma and mesenteric ischaemia
- Describe the management of common presentations of inflammatory bowel disease and colorectal cancer
Join in the conversation online
Follow us on Twitter: @RoySocMed
We would like to thank our sponsor Ethicon and Incision for their support of this event. Please note that the scientific programme and content has not been influenced in any way by sponsor.
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
Prize: £250 Travelling Fellowship will be awarded to the best abstract.
Submission deadline: Monday 21 February 2022 at 11:59pm
Meeting date: The 5 shortlisted candidates will need to be available to present (7 minutes presentation + 3 minutes questions) at the meeting on 11 March 2022 at Wythenshawe Hospital, Manchester University Foundation Trust.
Open to: Trainees and members of the extended surgical team (SCPs/PAs/ACPs)
Application guidelines: Please submit your abstract to Mr Wal Baraza firstname.lastname@example.org.
View the programme
Disclaimer: All views expressed in this event are of the speakers themselves and not of the RSM nor the speaker's organisations.
Special rates for difficult times
The RSM wishes to offer healthcare professionals continued learning opportunities during the coronavirus pandemic. The RSM’s weekly COVID-19 Series webinars remain free of charge, while there will be small charges to register for other online education. These fees will enable the RSM to continue its programme of activities and will apply during the course of the pandemic.