Sir Roger Bannister is preeminent for his pioneering work on autonomic medicine. This event will honour Sir Bannister via an insightful lecture by Professor Christopher Mathias – a friend and former colleague.
- Date and time Mon 13 May 2019 from 9:30am to 5:30pm
- Location Royal Society of Medicine
- Organised by Clinical Neurosciences, Military Medicine
This event will explore all aspects of the neuroscience and psychiatry of war and terror with a special keynote lecture from the Royal Society of Medicine’s President, Professor Sir Simon Wessely.
- Neurosurgery on the battle field
- The cognitive and neuropsychiatric effects of blast wounds
- Toxicology in modern warfare
- Neurological rehabilitation
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Psychological operations (PSY-OPS)
- Psychological prevention of terror attacks
This is a joint meeting between the Clinical Neurosciences and Military Medicine Sections.
|RSM Fellow||RSM Associate||RSM Trainee||RSM Retired Fellow||RSM Student|
Non - Member
|Consultant / GP||Trainee||AHP / Nurse / Midwife||Student|