This one day critical appraisal and research methods course is aimed at all doctors, dentists, nurses, health professionals, and students, who are interested in research, speaking at journal clubs and personal development within their professional career.
- Date and time Sat 19 Oct 2019 from 9:00am to 4:40pm
- Location Royal Society of Medicine
- Organised by Clinical Forensic and Legal Medicine
Using as a starting point a real-life murder and sexual assault, this meeting will approach the different forensic specialities who may be involved. You will learn about current best practice and ethical dilemmas in the field.
Experienced speakers will show how a single case can involve many different forensic and legal practitioners, and raise legal, clinical and ethical concerns for each of them.
- Be aware of how a complex murder investigation evolves
- Understand the roles of different forensic specialities
- Know current best practice in custody and sexual offences medicine
19 October 2019
This event will give you a comprehensive view of the direct to consumer genetic tests available and their implications. Through lectures from renowned specialists as well as lively debates, you will be well informed of the benefits and risks of ancestry and health tests.