Joining the RSM as a Fellow
By becoming a Fellow of the RSM, we will provide you with support throughout your medical career through our membership services as well as become a valued part of our network of medical students, trainees, consultants and senior medical professionals.
On this page, you can find out more about the range of educational and social benefits we offer as well as the eligibility criteria and how to become a member.
The annual cost of Fellowship is £514 and is open to those who hold a UK recognised medical, dental or veterinary qualification or a higher scientific qualification in a healthcare related field, and there is a £125 joining fee when you first apply.
Support for continuing professional development
The RSM runs one of the most extensive programmes of educational conferences in the UK – nearly all with CPD accreditation:
- over 400 meetings each year
- spanning 56 medical specialties and areas of interest
- highly preferential rates for members (sometimes free)
- opportunities to network with colleagues and speakers.
Flexibility to study at home or at work
Lectures from key RSM meetings are available online:
- over 600 videos and new videos added weekly
- searchable by specialty
- available 24/7 from home, work or on the move
- 50% discount for online CPD – pay per credit or buy an annual unlimited CPD subscription.
Access to online journals and educational resources
An extensive range of online educational material:
- over 5,000 full text e-journals
- access to Clinical Key with over 13,000 medical and surgical training videos, database of clinical guidelines and over 3,000 drug monographs
- five major clinical databases
- growing collection of 7,500 e-books.
Outstanding library services
Home to one of the largest medical libraries in the world:
- open 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- 600,000 volumes and 12,000 journals
- private study rooms and free printing and photocopying
- expert library team for high quality literature searches and free training courses covering database searching and accessing online resources (CPD accredited).
Exclusive members’ only club facilities for business or pleasure
When visiting London, enjoy superb Club facilities:
- two members’ lounges and a bar and café area
- elegant restaurant and private dining rooms available free of charge
- onsite members’ only hotel Domus Medica, with 47 bedrooms from just £106 PRPN (inc. breakfast)
- discounted rates at our nearby beautiful boutique hotel, Chandos House.
Priority invitations to high profile Society lectures
Receive priority invitations to flagship events:
- Medical Innovations Summits and breakfast briefings, showcasing work from innovators, entrepreneurs and researchers from around the globe
- Global Health lectures, debates and the annual Global Health Conference addressing a key topic each year.
Exclusive benefits and privileges
Enjoy an exclusive range of extra benefits and privileges for members, including:
- global network of reciprocal clubs
- free White membership of WEXAS Travel
- discounts on Hiscox home insurance
- discounts at John Lewis stores and on Apple products
- discounts on car parking, and much more…
price and eligibility
The price of Fellowship is £514 (includes an element of VAT*) and is open to those who hold a UK recognised medical, dental or veterinary qualification, or a higher scientific qualification in a healthcare related field.
Those holding senior positions within the healthcare sector may also be eligible for Fellowship, subject to confirmation by the RSM Member Services Committee.
Fellows must be resident in the UK. This includes the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man. Fellows residing in the Republic of Ireland should apply as an Overseas Fellow
*VAT based on access to the RSM’s electronic library and learning resources