- Date and time Thu 7 Mar 2019 from 1:00pm to 4:30pm
- Location Royal Society of Medicine
- Organised by Rheumatology and Rehabilitation
This event is free for all Trainees
This afternoon event will provide trainees and senior clinicians a unique opportunity to enhance their research and analytical skills in the management of rheumatic diseases.
Therapeutic options in the management of rheumatic diseases have increased significantly over the past two decades due to the discovery of new therapeutics in a truly translational ‘bench-to-bedside’ fashion. In the dynamic and ever-changing world of rheumatology, research plays a key role from the identification of novel disease targets through basic science discover to testing out these drugs in large scale clinical trials.
This event features lectures and workshops led by speakers who are directly involved in cutting edge research in rheumatic therapeutics. Don't miss the opportunity to receive practical advice on conducting and interpreting study data from these experts.
- Key differences between various basic statistical methods of data analysis
- Important steps required in clinical trial design
- Common pitfalls that can result in inappropriate trial design, resulting in the study not meeting primary outcomes)
- Latest advances in translational research in rheumatology