About this event
- Date and time Fri 16 Sep 2022 from 9:30am to 4:00pm
- Location Royal Society of Medicine
- Organised by Patient Safety
Join this meeting as we focus on some of the key medico-legal issues that impact upon GPs/primary care. The overarching aim is to improve patient safety in both primary and secondary care via learning from incidents and better understanding the indemnity provisions in place for GPs/primary care and how that feeds back into learning.
The aim of this meeting is to review and promote an understanding of recent legal and regulatory developments, with a specific emphasis on inquests, clinical negligence and incidents in the Primary Care Sector, and their impact upon patient safety. Additionally, we will also discuss issues that those in Secondary Care should also be aware of.
This meeting will also be available to watch as a live stream. To register to watch the meeting via live stream, please click here.
Benefits of attending:
- Learn about the role of Coroners (and Inquests) and what GPs and those working in primary need to do to prepare and actively learn from deaths.
- Gain insight into the role of Medical Examiners and how they will impact upon primary care.
- Be informed about the support (including education and training) available to General Practitioners in dealing with medico-legal issues and how to access practical support (e.g. via the Medical Defence Organisations) when necessary.
- Find out about the role of NHS Resolution and the Clinical Negligence Scheme for GPs (CNSGP) and their impact upon GPs and patient safety.
- Hear about the developments in learning from incidents in primary care, including feedback from the CQC regarding best practice and areas for improvement.
Royal Society of Medicine, 1 Wimpole St, Marylebone, London, W1G 0AE, United Kingdom
Disclaimer: All views expressed in this event are of the speakers themselves and not of the RSM nor the speaker's organisations.