The RSM has an extensive digital learning and online e-resources platform. As a member you'll enjoy free access to a wealth of online resources, including 5,000 subscription and open access e-journals, 2,000 e-books and 5 key medical databases, to support your clinical decision-making and research.
- Date and time Wed 27 Oct 2021 from 10:00am to 4:40pm
- Location Online
- Organised by Paediatrics and Child Health
This LSP day will promote the application and concepts of evidence-based medicine within paediatrics and child health and offer participants an update on relevant tools, resources and databases.
Participants will be able to:
- Know about evidence-based databases, their strengths and limitations and develop awareness around the levels and hierarchy of evidence
- Understand the importance of formulating a PICO question in trying to answer clinical questions
- Demonstrate the basics of literature search and know about Systematic Reviews, their value in EBM and how they are developed
- Gain an overview of the principles of meta-analysis
- Understand when to use simple statistical tests and their interpretation
- Develop critical appraisal skills and practice their application in appraising published studies
- Know about the different types of bias and the importance of assessing research bias
- Value the use of EBM skills and critical thinking in daily clinical practice
- Know about the use of evidence in complex, system-wide interventions
- Gain ideas on how to get involved in evidence synthesis
- Develop ideas and techniques to enhance the use of Journal Clubs in a meaningful way
This webinar is available for on-demand viewing. The webinar recording will be available for registered delegates up to 30 days after the live webinar broadcast via Zoom. The link will be sent 24 hours after the webinar takes place.
View the programme
Disclaimer: All views expressed in this webinar are of the speakers themselves and not of the RSM nor the speaker's organisations.
Special rates for difficult times
The RSM wishes to offer healthcare professionals continued learning opportunities during the coronavirus pandemic. The RSM’s weekly COVID-19 Series webinars remain free of charge, while there will be small charges to register for other online education. These fees will enable the RSM to continue its programme of activities and will apply during the course of the pandemic.