- Date and time Wed 22 Sep 2021 from 5:30pm to 7:30pm
- Location Royal Society of Medicine
- Organised by Occupational Medicine
This webinar seeks to provide an opportunity for specialty trainees to prepare and present clinical cases. Join this forum of discussion around the synergy of mental health and fitness to work and vice versa, reflecting on evidence-based practice and its interpretation.
During this session, trainees will present cases that they have managed directly, which demonstrate the synergy between mental health and fitness to work. Presenters should be able to exhibit fluency in the principles of risk assessment and hierarchy of control with a focus on reflection and lessons learnt and the ability to communicate effectively with managers and employees.
At the end of the presentations, the attendees will vote based on topic choice, content/evidence base, presentation, participatory effort, reflection and take away message(s) to improve future practice. A panel will present to facilitate this meeting and summarize key points and take away messages.
Learning objectives include:
- Apply relevant guidance appropriate to the clinical cases and communicate health outcomes, including risk assessment frameworks such as stress risk assessments
- Demonstrate the variation in the application of occupational health practice in providing advice and recommendations across all sectors such as safety-critical workers
- Promote communication between occupational health practitioners and other key stakeholders in practice through effective occupational health reports
- Demonstrate an understanding of the spectrum of mental health conditions and implications for work
- Learn the best practice regarding risk assessment, the hierarchy of control and evaluation and workplace adjustments
- Demonstrate relevant legislation eg. Health and Safety and Work Act 1974, Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999, Equality Act 201
Occupational Medicine: Ramazzini Prize
Submission is now closed
£250 and a certificate
Submit a 500 word case report abstract fitting the meeting theme set each year: Synergy of mental health and fitness for work
Clinical case: A clinical case of relevance to occupational medicine and fitting the meeting theme. The case should be one which has been clinically assessed and managed by the applicant personally in occupational medicine.
Four cases will be shortlisted by Council and invited to give a 20-minute presentation on 22 September 2021.
This webinar is available for on-demand viewing. The webinar recording will be available for registered delegates up to 30 days after the live webinar broadcast via Zoom. The link will be sent 24 hours after the webinar takes place.
View the programme
Disclaimer: All views expressed in this webinar are of the speakers themselves and not of the RSM nor the speaker's organisations.
Special rates for difficult times
The RSM wishes to offer healthcare professionals continued learning opportunities during the coronavirus pandemic. The RSM’s weekly COVID-19 Series webinars remain free of charge, while there will be small charges to register for other online education. These fees will enable the RSM to continue its programme of activities and will apply during the course of the pandemic.