The RSM has an extensive digital learning and online e-resources platform. As a member you'll enjoy free access to a wealth of online resources, including 5,000 subscription and open access e-journals, 2,000 e-books and 5 key medical databases, to support your clinical decision-making and research.
- Date and time Thu 29 Sep 2022 from 8:30am to 30 Sep 2022 at 4:00pm
- Location Royal Society of Medicine
- Organised by General Practice with Primary Healthcare
Join us in the annual General practice and primary care update to participate in two days of compelling lectures on clinical medicine and interactive discussions of educational value to frontline general practitioners. The main focus is on assisting decision-making in clinical practice. Scroll down to see the complete agenda.
Use promo code 20GPQ01 to get 20% off for both days when booking to attend in person.
There are also presentations from CAIPE and poster presentations by undergraduate students, and for the John Fry Prize - scroll down for more information about the prizes - and join us for the Primary care update dinner at the end of Day 1 to have the opportunity to socialise with colleagues and network.
Participants will be able:
- To increase knowledge of common clinical dilemmas that will assist in decision-making.
- To increase reflective practice and self-analysis, for example, the talk on diagnostic difficulties in Primary Care.
- To consider the wider implications of current health policy, for example, does the 2-week wait policy for suspected cancer impact adversely on elective care?
- To maximise the potential for interprofessional working.
Speakers will be encouraged to interact with the audience during talks or reserve at least 10 minutes per lecture for audience questions and answers.
This event is available to attend in person or virtually. Please select your preference below. A recording will be available for all registered delegates for up to 60 days after the event. The link will be sent 24 hours after the meeting.
For more information about the prizes presented in this meeting:
- The 2022 RSM and CAIPE John Horder Team Award and John Horder Student Award - Click here
- John Fry Prize - Click here
- General Practice with Primary Healthcare Section: GP Forum Medical Student and Trainee Poster Prize - Students apply here and Trainees apply here
Please be aware that under the ABPI guidelines medical students and retired HCPs cannot discuss prescription-only medicines with the drug companies in attendance. Thank you for your cooperation.
Show Virtual / In Person rates
View the programme - Day 1 (In person) 29 September 2022
View the programme - Day 2 (In person) 30 September 2022
View the programme - Day 1 (Virtual) 29 September 2022
View the programme - Day 2 (Virtual) 30 September 2022
Registration for this event will close on 28 September 2022 at 1:00am (BST). Late registrations will not be accepted.
The agenda is subject to change at any time
All views expressed at this event are of the speakers themselves and not of the Royal Society of Medicine, nor the speaker's organisations.
We are only able to share presentations that we have received permission to share. This is at the presenter and the RSM’s discretion.
This event will be recorded and stored by the Royal Society of Medicine and may be distributed in future on various internet channels.