Opportunity for Casual work - Senior Team Leader
Hourly rate: £10.50 per hour
The Catering and Banqueting Department of the Royal Society of Medicine are currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Team Leader for our client business. This role is based at a prestigious venue located in Central London.
The RSM offers a range of events and catering services including conferences, business meetings, reception drinks, dinners, exhibitions, weddings and private dining. The business is open seven days a week from morning to evening and occasionally weekends, and as a supervisor, you will be providing excellent hospitality services to our clients.
- Coordination and coaching of a team of between 3 -20 staff
- Supporting the conference and banqueting team in delivering excellent customer service in 1 Wimpole Street & Chandos House
- Briefing staff daily regarding duties before shift starts, menu content, shift special requirements, cleaning duties and any health & safety issues
- Ensuring that team members are following the correct procedure
- Ensuring all the rooms in front of house are clean and presentable at all times
- Laying up tables, trolleys, buffets bars and site stations following the Royal Society of Medicine SOP guideline. Making sure that all beverages served are according to the menu, are properly presented, of correct temperature before being served
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Have an eye for detail
- Possess strong team leadership skills
- To be courteous and warm when dealing with guests as well as efficient, fast and serving with confidence and flair.
- To actively run events ensuring the correct standards are met and event procedures are followed from start to finish
- To carry out any reasonable request made by the management, outside normal duties, but within the scope of the job
- Supports team manager and performs management duties when manager is absent or out of office
- To assist the Assistant or Operations Manager with monthly stock takes if required
- Experience of working in a hospitality environment and face to face guest contact minimum of 1 year
- Good PC and numeracy skills
- Fluently proficient in both verbal and written English
- Coaching or team leader experience
- A customer focused approach and excellent communication skills (face to face or telephone)
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work under pressure, organise and multi task
- The ability to diffuse conflicts, problem solve
how to apply
TTo apply for the above opportunity please forward a CV and covering letter to Leonardo Rey at email@example.com by no later than 22nd September 2017.
The Society is positively committed to equality of opportunity in employment and encourages applicants from all sectors of the community. It operates a no smoking policy in all its environments.