Chef de Partie
40 hours per week, working any 5 out of 7 days.
A new opportunity has arisen for a Chef de Partie within Support Services at the RSM.
The key purpose of the role is to assist with the food preparation and cooking activities in any one of the kitchens at the RSM under the direction of the Executive Chef.
The key activities the role holder will undertake include:
- Ensuring that food service standards of preparation, production and service presentation are maintained at all times.
- Carrying out a smooth and efficient running of your section.
- Preparing and cooking items to a high standard.
- Ensuring that food hygiene and health and safety regulations are met at all times.
- Working on all aspects of food service in any one of the three principal kitchens on a shift basis.
- Assisting with the training and the instruction of all Commis Chefs and Catering Assistants where needed or asked to do so.
- Reviewing the service offered and making suggestions on potential areas of improvement.
To be considered for the role you will need to be able to demonstrate the following:
- Proven experience of working in a professional kitchen and supervisory skills within the kitchen environment.
- A passion for hospitality and cooking with a determination to develop skills and knowledge.
- Good organisation skills and the ability to meet key deadlines.
- The ability to work well under pressure.
- Excellent food preparation and cooking skills.
- Proven ability in volume lead food production such as large scale contract catering of banqueting/events kitchens.
- The ability to work well within a team.
- An understanding of hygiene, health and safety regulations and law.
It would be ideal if the role holder holds a Basic Food Safety certificate.
How to apply
To apply for the above opportunity please forward a CV and covering letter to Paul Kennison at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Society is positively committed to equality of opportunity in employment and encourages applicants from all sectors of the community. It operates a no smoking policy in all its environments.