Joining the RSM as a Retired Associate
Become a Retired Associate of the RSM and keep up to date with the latest healthcare developments as well as enjoy the range of social benefits exclusive to Retired Associates. Membership also offers you the opportunity to become a valued part of our network of medical students, trainees, consultants and senior healthcare professionals.
On this page, you can find out more about the range benefits we offer as well as the eligibility criteria and how to become a member.
The annual cost of Retired Associate membership is £137. Retired Associate members must be either aged over 70 or aged over 60 and fully retired (not earning) and there is a £35 joining fee when you first apply.
Updates on medical developments
The RSM runs one of the most extensive programmes of educational conferences in the UK – nearly all with CPD accreditation:
- over 400 meetings each year
- spanning 56 medical specialties and areas of interest
- highly preferential rates for members (sometimes free)
- opportunities to network with colleagues and speakers.
Retired Fellows Society
The RSM’s Retired Fellows Society runs a programme of intramural and extramural events exclusively for Retired members and their guests:
- lectures and talks
- guided walks around London
- photography club.
Priority invitations to high profile Society lectures
Receive priority invitations to flagship events:
- Medical Innovations Summits and breakfast briefings showcasing work from innovators, entrepreneurs and researchers from around the globe
- Global Health lectures, debates and the annual Global Health Conference addressing a key topic each year
Outstanding library services
Home to one of the largest medical libraries in the world:
- open 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- 600,000 volumes and 12,000 journals
- private study rooms and free printing and photocopying
- expert library team for high quality literature searches and free training courses covering database searching and accessing online resources (CPD accredited).
Access to online journals and educational resources
An extensive range of online educational material:
- over 5,000 full text e-journals
- access to Clinical Key with over 13,000 medical and surgical training videos, database of clinical guidelines and over 3,000 drug monographs
- five major clinical databases
- growing collection of over 7,500 e-books.
Access to RSM Videos
Lectures from key RSM meetings are available online
- over 600 videos and new videos added weekly
- searchable by specialty
- available 24/7 from home, work or on the move
- 50% discount for online CPD – pay per credit or buy an annual unlimited CPD subscription.
Exclusive members’ only club facilities for business or pleasure
When visiting London, enjoy superb Club facilities:
- two members’ lounges and a bar and café area
- elegant restaurant and three private dining rooms available free of charge
- onsite members’ only hotel Domus Medica, with 47 bedrooms from just £106 PRPN (inc. breakfast)
- discounted rates at our nearby beautiful boutique hotel, Chandos House.
Exclusive benefits and privileges
Enjoy an exclusive range of extra benefits and privileges for members, including:
- global network of reciprocal clubs
- free White membership of WEXAS Travel
- discounts on Hiscox home insurance
- discounts at John Lewis stores and on Apple products
- discounts on car parking, and much more…
The price of Retired Associate membership is £137 (includes an element of VAT*) and is open to those who are aged over 70 or aged over 60 and fully retired (not earning) and do not qualify for Fellowship.
*VAT based on access to the RSM’s electronic library and learning resources