Salary up to £21,216 depending on experience
Fixed term contract up to 12 months (with possible extension)
40 hours per week, working any 5 out of 7 days, includes early/late shifts and weekends
Based at 1 Wimpole Street and Chandos House
A vacancy has arisen for a Receptionist within the Club Operations function of Support Services at the RSM. This role would suit someone who is a good team worker and committed to providing the best service.
As part of this role, the role holder’s activities will include:
- Assisting in keeping the hotel reception area clean and tidy
- Dealing with all customer enquiries, in person, on the telephone and via e-mail.
- Responding to reservation enquiries by telephone and e-mail for both of the Society’s premises
- Administering and processing all reservations, cancellations and no-shows, in line with company policy
- Performing check in, check out and reservation duties including the billing process accurately and efficiently
- Fulfilling all reasonable requests from guests to ensure their comfort, satisfaction and safety
- Providing a visible point of contact for all persons entering the Society’s premises at any of the main entrances.
- Checking Membership identity documentation as and when required
- Operating the telephone switchboard including the transferring of calls and taking messages
- Assisting in general administrative duties.
To be considered for the role you will need to be able to demonstrate the following:
- Proven current experience in London hospitality/hotel industry in a reception or similar role.
- The ability to communicate and interact with people at all levels, both written and verbal
- Previous current operation on Hospitality PMS systems
- Knowledge of Microsoft office programs
- Experience of cash handling and security
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- A pleasant disposition and a conscientious attitude to work
- Customer service skills and a professional and helpful approach to answering queries
- The ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
- The ability to work flexibly and adapt to a changing environment.
Whilst not essential, it would be desirable if the candidate has or is able to demonstrate the following:
- Certification or higher in Hospitality / Tourism studies
- Health and Safety certification First Aid and/or fire marshal certification
- Previous experience of the Room Master PMS
To apply for the above opportunity please forward a CV and covering letter to Claudia Caetano at email@example.com by no later than 12 noon, 5th of April 2019.