Interim Head of Educational Technology Job description
12 months duration
Salary: About £50-55k depending on experience
40 hours per week, Normally Monday to Friday, with some early starts/late finishes, occasional weekend working as required
Based at 1 Wimpole Street
A new vacancy has arisen within the RSM for an Interim Head of Educational Technology, based within Commercial Services, reporting directly to the Director of Operations and working closely with our Head of Content, Head of Educational Programmes and Head of Events Sales and Planning.
This role’s key purpose is to:
- Lead and project manage the strategic development of the RSM’s delivery of digital programmes to ensure that the RSM is at the forefront of educational e-learning
- Implement new learning tools and interactive learning activities on digital platforms
- Partner with our Educational and Content Teams to provide production support for educational activities
- Work with our Educators to gain feedback on digital provision to support continuous improvement
- Ensure the digital transformation delivers measurable impact
- In association with our In-House Content team produce, curate, and prepare materials, resources and story boards to produce high-quality video content learning
- Manage the in-house AV team in the delivery of in-house audio-visual services to internal and external conference and business meeting clients
The key activities of the role holder will include:
- Working as an ambassador of the RSM and to ensure the highest standard of quality in all areas of educational production and event / meeting delivery
- Managing the AV team with production-based work, set ups, tests and rehearsals according to schedules
- Being the interface between RSM internal teams, audio-visual technicians and service delivery
- Being a critical part of the virtual and hybrid Team, providing technical expertise and meeting “know how” across an array of platforms at live and recorded events initially with Zooms and Teams, but moving on to a new platform in 2021
- Managing and developing a team of AV Technicians and their distributed work schedules
- Managing and overseeing video projects from pre-production planning, on-site and remote production activities
- Developing and Managing in-house studio space and assisting with setting up lighting and sound equipment etc.
- Directing, recording and lead on quality control of video materials
- Managing video and AV Technician team workload, resource allocation and project delivery
- Project managing, delivering sequencing and scheduling of multiple projects
- Being responsible for video collection to ensure all projects are stored and archived appropriately and can be readily obtained
- Taking part in video editing and delivering video or animation projects for RSM digital marketing team
To be considered for the role you will be able to demonstrate:
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience (must include experience in a video production, broadcast, podcast etc)
- Exemplary team management skills and experience, with demonstrable motivational achievements
- A creative eye for detail
- Ability to demonstrate accomplished project delivery with little supervision / work independently
- Good technology understanding / proven ability to problem solve at pace
- Experience of building E learning modules, online courses and delivery of Virtual Events, Webinars, Live Streamed events, Broadcasting
- Natural effective communications at all levels, outstanding organisational planning, project management, strategic thinking, team working skills.
- Strong knowledge, experience and successes of video shooting and editing processes.
- Excellent practical knowledge and experience of editing software platforms, specifically proficiency with Adobe After Effects, Adobe creative suite and Adobe Premiere Pro
- Exposure to social media marketing and associated video production
- Demonstration of the following competencies: Adaptability/ Flexibility, Customer Service, Energy, External Awareness, Creativity, Project Management, Strategic Thinking and Visioning
How to apply
The Society is an equal opportunities employer and fully committed to the safeguarding and fair processing of information received from candidates applying for opportunities within it and fully complies with the spirit and regulations of the GDPR. For a full statement about the type of data that the Society keeps about job applicants and the purposes for which it is kept, please read our fair processing notice for job applicants.