The primary aim of the Library is to acquire current postgraduate clinical and research material in all the main specialties of medicine.
From January 2011, these titles will be taken only as electronic journals, and will be accessible from your home or your workplace. These, along with other titles, are available via the RSM Website. Please ask staff for information about how to access them.
Journals and books
- Current Print Subscriptions held by the library
List of current print journals. To find out what titles the library holds (including the back titles) please use the Library's online catalogue. Just click catalogue. There is no need to log on.
- E-journal Holdings
List of current e-journals. To find out what titles the library holds (including the back titles) please use the Library's online catalogue. Just click catalogue. There is no need to log on.
- On-site access to around 800 full-text electronic journals.
- The Library now has a collection of 347 electronic books available to Members. Members can download books to a PC or memory stick for 24 hours or use with a live internet connection. The 347 titles are free to access and will be of particular interest to Student Members. Please note we hope to make these available via e-readers, mobile phones, etc. in the future.
- Books covering all the main specialties of medicine, and also medical history, biography, health management and health statistics.
- Recent acquisitions - August 2013 [PDF 277KB]
- Older material includes books, journals, tracts, manuscripts, lectures, case notes and correspondence.
- June 2013 books on approval [PDF 254KB]
The following books have been selected for possible purchase. We would welcome your comments on these titles, as this will help us choose the most useful items for the collection.
- The Diamond Collection, a unique collection of 22 photographs of psychiatric patients.
- A collection of portraits of medical figures throughout history, consisting of prints, photographs, engravings, drawings and cartoons. Details are held in a card catalogue.
- The collection of the British Association for Sexual Health and HIV (BASHH). All items are listed in the online catalogue.
The RSM archives are an interesting and important source for the history of the Society.